DICE Insurance

Documentaries, industrial, commercial, and educational films (DICE) insurance can cover the production of music videos, short films, blog videos and corporate films. Unlike insurance for major motion pictures, television films or television series, this policy is ideal for smaller projects. Typical DICE policies include the following:

  • Compensation for reshoots, lost or stolen hard drives, and camera malfunctions
  • Reimbursement for property damage
  • Coverage for damaged or stolen props, sets, and wardrobe items
  • Protection against rental equipment that is damaged or stolen


Whether you are just beginning your career or an experienced entertainer setting out on a world tour, you must have insurance to ensure you are protected in case of an accident. Touring entertainers’ insurance is designed to keep entertainers covered in the event of a lawsuit due to injuries or property damage sustained while on tour. Coverages include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • General liability
  • Workers’ compensation
  • Equipment floater
  • Umbrella
  • Event cancellation and nonappearance
  • Third-party property damage

Equipment Floater

If you are moving equipment from place to place, consider the value of equipment floater insurance. While you may have coverage for risks and liabilities, certain types of equipment may not be covered under your commercial property insurance policy. Floater insurance offers protection for risks including theft, fire, flood, equipment breakdown, vandalism, and other damage.

Your cost of coverage is dependent on the age of your equipment and value. If your equipment is less than five years old, repairs and replacement will typically be covered. Equipment older than five years will have repair and replacement costs determined based on the value of the equipment.

Short-term Production Insurance

Short-term production insurance provides a full spectrum of insurance coverages at competitive premiums for productions with budgets up to $1 million for up to 60 days. Eligible productions include commercials, music videos, short films, feature films and webisodes.

Additional Types of Coverage

In addition to the lines of coverage listed above, we also offer additional lines of specialty entertainment insurance, including (but not limited to):

  • Acquisition and development E&O
  • Foreign Productions
  • Movie Boal
  • Multimedia Production E&O
  • Short Term Production
  • Annual Events
  • Foreign Events
  • Promoters
  • Touring Entertainers
  • Shell Corps

To learn more about what coverages we can offer, contact RDS Insurance Brokers by clicking on Request a Quote or calling 800-609-2126.