Rental Property Insurance

House for rent

As the owner of rental property, it is your responsibility to protect it against potential risks the same way you protect your own home. Protection for your own house comes by way of homeowners insurance, however, a rental property requires additional types of coverage. Fire, lightning, vandalism and theft are all real concerns for rental property owners and you need dwelling coverage to provide appropriate lines of protection.

Dwelling Fire

Dwelling fire policies are designed specifically for properties in which the owner does not personally reside. To qualify for a dwelling fire policy, your property must be one of the following:

  • A single-family home or up to 4-unit dwellings
  • Vacant dwelling
  • A vacation, seasonal or rental home

Dwelling fire policies generally come in three forms: basic, broad, and special. Each form carries a different level of protection. The type that is right for you will depend on the nature and use of your property and the various exposures you face. The agents at RDS Insurance Brokers will perform a cost-benefit analysis to determine the level of coverage appropriate for your rental property.

To learn more about a comprehensive dwelling fire insurance policy, Click request a quote or contact our office at  800-609-2126.